What the Support Staff Does
- Executive Director coordinates the activities of the team, serves as the primary team liaison, implements decisions, manages regional issues, and acts on behalf of the Southern Group of State Foresters and support team.
- Environmental Specialist analyzes, evaluates, and provides guidance on all forest related environmental issues.
- Fire Director acts on behalf of the Southern Group of State Foresters to identify and help resolve fire related issues. Represents and assists the Southern Group of State Foresters at the Southern Area Coordination Center with fire and emergency mobilization of state firefighters.
- Policy Director provides analytical expertise and guidance on congressional and state legislative issues, policies, and related matters.
- Communications Director communicates the value of and assists the organization and the public in achieving a mutual understanding of southern forestry.
- Southeast Region Cohesive Strategy Coordinator - Coordinates implementation of the Southern Region Cohesive Wildland Fire Strategy and provides leadership for the Southern Regional Strategy Committee (SRSC) and regional cohesive strategy efforts.
- SGSF Consultant - is responsible for providing consultation to the Policy Director, per coordination with the Executive Director of SGSF and as assigned on issues and/or project activities that may be associated with state and federal laws, regulations, administrative decisions and related matters of consequence to SGSF.
SGSF Executive Director
5013 Darcy Woods Lane
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
SGSF Policy Director
601 N. Driver Street
Durham, NC, NC 27703
1033 Washington Drive
Cottontown, Tennessee 37048
SGSF Fire Director
2417 Chickamauga Drive
Apex, NC 27539
Southeast Regional Coordinator
Cohesive Wildland Fire Strategy
3277 U.S. Hwy. 70 Business East
Smithfield, NC 27577
Southern Region - Regional Office, State and Private Forestry