2020 National Forest Stewardship Meeting
Feb 03, 2020 12:00 PM
Feb 07, 2020 12:00 PM
|Contact Name||Lynn Lewis|
|Contact Phone||(803) 507-5681|
|Add event to calendar||
South Carolina is looking forward to hosting the 2020 National Forest Stewardship Meeting at the Mills House in Charleston, South Carolina.
For assistance or questions contact:
Lynn Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org (803) 507-5681 or
Debbie Kiser email@example.com (803) 896-8824
FIELD TRIP INFO
Unless we have tornadoes and/or lightning we will continue with the field day. Before you hit the road please check the weather and pack accordingly.
Probably goes without saying to a bunch of conservationists, but……jackets, gloves, closed-toed shoes, long pants, raingear, hats, (sunscreen and skeeter spray? You never know in The South!).
Draft Agenda: National FSP Meeting Agenda
* Please check back periodically as the agenda will continue to be updated.
Presenter Profiles:National Stewardship Meeting Speaker Bios
Transportation Coordination: Transportation Coordination Doc
We created a transportation coordination spreadsheet based on the flight information provided by federal and state program leads. The spreadsheet contains two tabs, arrivals and departures. Each tab is organized by flight times and last name. Individuals with relatively close arrival or departure times are grouped and color coded. Email addresses are provided so that you can contact individuals in advance to coordinate shared rides/taxis.
Per the Charleston airport website:
Taxi service is available in the center median outside baggage claim. There is a $15 minimum charge for all taxi services departing from the CHS airport.
Downtown Shuttle into Charleston is also available for $15 per passenger and departs within 15 minutes of request. The shuttle is a shared ride and may make other stops downtown, depending on the number of passengers. The Shuttle service runs early morning until after the last arriving flight each night.
Ride Share Location: Exit through the baggage claim doors and follow the rideshare signs. Cross both roadways and turn right at the last sidewalk.
Sign Up Information:
· Click here to sign up for the meeting.
· Deadline for sign up is Friday January 24, 2020.
Remote Access Information
We will be using WebEx for remote access to the meeting for attendees and presenters. If you will be attending or presenting remotely, please join by following this link and conference line.
Conference line 888-844-9904, Access 2873921#
SAF CFE credits will be offered for the meeting:
Entire meeting (Tues-Thurs) - 13.5 hours Cat 1
Tues only – 6.0 hours Cat 1
Wed only – 4.5 hours Cat 1
Thurs only – 3.0 hours Cat 1
Hotel Reservations and Travel Information:
The Mills House
115 Meeting St.
Charleston, SC 29401
You can also visit the Mills House website for additional general information.
- Deadline for reserving your room at our group rate is Monday January 13, 2020 5:00p est.
- To make room reservations call 866-781-3643 or follow this booking link: https://book.passkey.com/e/49991977
- If reserving your room via phone, refer to the “2020 National Forest Stewardship Meeting” or “Forest Stewardship Program” when making your reservation.
- Rooms are available at the Federal per diem rate of $164/night, plus taxes and fees. Unfortunately, The Mills House has a “destination marketing fee” of $2.18 that is billed as a part of the room rate instead of separately as a tax or fee. So your room will appear as $166.18/night, instead of the Federal per diem rate, which is actually what you are paying. We realize that many of you will need to seek approval in order to go above GSA. If this becomes an insurmountable problem, you may be able to negotiate by calling the hotel directly. We apologize for any inconvenience!
- If you would like to stay and visit Charleston after the meeting, The Mills House has a limited number of rooms at a discounted rate of $219/night, plus taxes and fees, for Friday and Saturday nights.
- Valet parking is $39/day. Self-parking is available at the Charleston County Municipal Parking Garage for $18-20/day max.
- There is transportation from the Charleston airport to downtown Charleston via shuttle ($15/person), taxi ($25-30/ride) or standard ride-sharing companies (prices will vary $15-20). Visit this link for more detailed transportation information: https://freetoursbyfoot.com/how-to-get-to-downtown-charleston-from-the-airport/
· Please send your flight arrival and departure information to Laurie Schoonhoven firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday January 24th. Laurie will compile and send out to all participants, so you can coordinator rides from the airport if desired.
In preparation for the meeting, please follow the link below for the recorded Forest Stewardship Program Modernization Webinar that was conducted on December 5, 2019. Please check back for more follow up materials from this webinar.
State Coordinator Contact list State Coordinator Contact List